6.30.2010

EXPOSE: Fresh Summer Luggage

I was in Annapolis, Maryland this week and I stopped into the Re-Sails shop on Randall Street. Many of the products caught my eye but I was most fascinated by the luggage. Re-Sails also has a shop on Thames Street in Newport, R.I., as well as a website if you are interested in learning more.

Their original product line featured bags and jackets produced from actual used sails. Since then, the line has expanded to include luggage, apparel, and accessories. All the products are made in a working sailing loft in Newport, R.I. using the exact materials working sails are made from (Dacron, Kevlar, Marine Grade Webbing) and the same techniques (Zig Zag stitching, Sail Numbers).

My favorite piece is the garment bag below. The dop kit and large dock box are choice too.
















No comments: